Saturday, March 14, 2009

Making Quilts Baking Bread

Folded

There is just not enough time in the day. Sigh. I think if I didn't have that pesky 8-5 job during the week I would have much more creative time! But alas, it's a necessary evil and fuels my fabric buys and cooking classes!

So I finished the fishy quilt and I just love it! I learned a few things, too.

1. Even though I pre-washed all the fabric, it shrunk about an inch more after I washed it completely finished. This is probably from the batting which is not pre-shrunk.

2. Washing the fabric after quilting it makes it look like a real quilt! I re-took all my photos after I washed and dried it, I like the way it puckers.

3. I used 100% cotton thread which seemed to work really well and is recommended.

4. I used a 50/50 blend of bamboo/cotton batting and I see no difference between it and a 100% cotton batting. So don't waste your money on bamboo unless you have a different reason for using it. You can buy 100% cotton organic batting, this was also all organic.

5. Linen is harder to quilt than cotton but I didn't have too many problems with it, it's just a different texture, at least the linen I used which is kind of course.

I'm planning to post a tutorial on the blog for this pattern or something similar. Later.

I am currently also baking focaccia! Yum. It's currently rising.
Focaccia
(the focaccia is finished!)

No comments:

Post a Comment