Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ciabatta Success!

Ciabatta

I finally found a bread that I may be able to make successfully each time! Ciabatta. It may be the recipe that I got from my bread class, I don't know, but this is the first bread from the class that I made that turned out perfect. It was SO good with butter right out of the oven. I had to stop my husband from eating it all so we could have some for today.

It's different from other bread making in that you don't really knead it. You mix it in a mixer (with dough hooks) and then when it's rising, you turn it with a spatula 2-3 times during the day (yes, an all day process). The dough is moister than other doughs. When you cook it, you actually slide it out of the bowl onto the baking sheet, you don't form the bread. Anyway, wish you could taste it!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so delicious. You need to share the recipe. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete