Friday, August 7, 2009

Lizzy House - Red Letter Day Quilt

Red Letter Day Lizzy House fabric

So I saw this quilt on Flickr and gasped at the fun and funky fabric by Elizabeth (Lizzy) House! There is even an entire Flickr group for this particular fabric.

I'm making this quilt using a pattern that I thought I saw somewhere but can't find it again so I'm making it up. It's pretty simple as you can see. Strips are 2.25" wide by 6.5" long. I thought that would make them square when I sewed three long edges together but I have had to cut almost .5" off so don't follow my directions!

Red Letter Day Layout

The squares seem really small to me so I'm pretty sure I will use sashing between them. The green and blue stripe yardage will be used for that, though I kind of like all the squares right next to each other, really makes your eyeballs work. We'll see how it goes.

RLD Stripes

(Aha! I just found the source of my inspiration for this quilt! I knew I had seen it somewhere, though mine only uses three strips of fabric per square.)

No comments:

Post a Comment