Friday, August 14, 2009

Harlequin Holiday Apron Tutorial

I'm starting a tutorial here to make a harlequin apron for the holidays! Here is an example of a harlequin apron that I made with Amy Butler Belle fabrics last year and have been really wanting to do another one. This is a great way to use up some fabric scraps as well.

I will be posting this within the next week or two with full instructions. For now, I will let you know that you will need 8 different fabrics cut into 5" squares plus about a 1/2 yard of fabric for a waistband and ties which could be the same fabric as one of the squares or something different. You will need less than a fat quarter (18 x 22 inches) of the other 8 fabrics. In addition, I like to line mine on the back so you would need about 1/2 yard of white muslin for that. And to add rick rack to the edges, you will need 4 yards of coordinating rick rack.

I really love some of the new holiday fabrics out right now, my two favorites are Have a Sheri Berry Holiday which I've seen now on Etsy (shops: spiceberry, quilttaffy and pinkpolkadotstudio), Pink Chalk and Fat Quarter Shop, and Michael Miller's Funky Christmas line. Oddly, pink and pastels are big in holiday fabrics right now.

I am using Michael Miller fabrics that I have from last year and possibly older.

Check back for the start of the tutorial soon!

2 comments:

  1. Look forward to the tutorial. Love the fabrics...wait, I have some of those! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to make one of those cute aprons. I can't wait for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete