Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year, New Blog

I wrestled with starting a new blog. My old blog was geared to my Little Bitsys business (old blog here) and I really wanted to encompass more of my creative endeavors and darn if Sewing Geek wasn't already taken on Blogger! October 8 is my birth date and since 2009 will be a REALLY HUGE year for me (not telling) I thought it would be appropriate.

Merino babiesalpacas

A week ago, we had out of town visitors and I took them touring around the area and we stopped at Bliss Ranch outside Loveland and took pictures. These little guys just got to me, little merino babies with sweaters on, they were so friendly, sticking their heads out to get a little attention. The alpacas were also so interactive and this multi-colored punk rocker just stuck out, what a cutie!

I don't knit or spin but I did do a little needlefelting this year and made these sheep out of corriedale wool from Larkspur Funny Farm, a fellow Etsian and Coloradan. I am usually sewing so it is nice to take a break and do something different! I did sew the little scarves.

wool sheepwool sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment