Friday, April 10, 2009

What Happened to Sewing by Hand?

Counted Cross Stitch Mini Cloth

I was looking at some hand stitching photos recently on Flickr and was reminded of the days when I used to actually have the time and patience to needlepoint, hand quilt and cross stitch. I made this mini cloth made from linen when I was in Cameroun, Africa in 1986, trying to become a missionary. I have kept it all this time because I made it. I don't know if I used a pattern or not but it's completely symmetrical and all counted.

I still have a book with gorgeous counted cross stitch patterns and this is one that I started but never finished. I still think it's beautiful.

I'm not sure how I lost the sense of being able to sit down for hours and stitch by hand but maybe it's something I can aspire to again some day.

Cross Stitch patter

No comments:

Post a Comment