Thursday, February 24, 2011

Having it All


I just finished reading this blog post and when I tried to add a comment it kept getting longer and longer so I decided instead to just talk about it here.

Gretchen was one of the inspirationalists (a name I just made up!) at the Palm Springs sewing workshop I attended last month. I've been following her blog since then, and really looking forward to reading her book, out later this year I think.

Anyway, I was reading one day that she works full-time and I was amazed, how does she keep up this blog AND work full-time AND do all those other things that life requires? She answers in her post today.

It made me feel better that she isn't going without sleep or totally stressed out all the time but it made ME wonder, why am I totally stressed out all the time and I don't even have a big major blog following or a book deal, huh??

Well, it might be the age factor, darn it. OR, more likely I think it's the fact that my job wrings every ounce of energy from me, leaving me spent and catatonic by the end of the day. I just wasn't smart with money when I was younger so I kind of have to keep my job.

I don't have anything monumental to say about this, just sharing and I will continue to wonder how some women are able to "have it all". I'd be happy just having some of it.

1 comment:

  1. I know, isn't it crazy how much people get done? I've pretty much given up since Baby J's been born. I still get some crafting in but I think the main reason is because I don't watch much TV. Or if I do, I'm knitting or embroidering. But sewing? Ugh. I have to schedule time with the hubby to get that done! Or go to Palm Springs for a sewing weeekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete