Wednesday, March 6, 2013

BARCELONA VERMELL


Last May I took my niece to Barcelona as a gift for her high school graduation.  
I took a zillion photos.  In Barcelona, they speak Catalan.  
The word for "red" in Catalan is "vermell". 
Barcelona was a magical city.  
The food, the Mediterranean light, the architecture and the way people live their lives outdoors.  
In 8 days we barely scraped the surface of this amazing place.  
I can't wait to go back
We took a cooking class one day and made this red pepper (ñora peppers) with bacalao (dry cod, rehydrated), olive tapenade and fried cod skin.  I can almost taste it as I write that.
Iberico ham is similar to prosciutto.  It's everywhere in Barcelona, we had it on bread for breakfast.  This is a photo from the famous Boqueria market just off Las Ramblas.
Mariquitas (ladybugs) - chocolate of course.

Above the city is Parc Güell designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí in the early 1900s.  His work is characterized by mosaics, this is one on the wall near his house in  Parc Güell
La Boqueria, someone's dinner.



Rooftop view
Bougainvillea on a fence
A window on the way up to Parc Guell
My feet, sitting by the Mediterranean sea
Roy Lichtenstein sculpture near the beaches
I have this weird thing for graffiti.  I liked this one with the red on the side and black in the middle


A day on the beach - Costa Brava

1 comment:

  1. This is how my acquaintance Wesley Virgin's tale launches with this SHOCKING and controversial VIDEO.

    Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he found hidden, "mind control" tactics that the CIA and others used to obtain everything they want.

    THESE are the EXACT same tactics many famous people (especially those who "come out of nowhere") and top business people used to become wealthy and famous.

    You've heard that you use only 10% of your brain.

    That's because the majority of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this expression has even occurred IN YOUR own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain about seven years back, while driving an unlicensed, beat-up trash bucket of a car without a driver's license and with $3 on his debit card.

    "I'm very fed up with living check to check! When will I finally make it?"

    You've been a part of those those types of questions, isn't it right?

    Your success story is waiting to be written. You just have to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    UNLOCK YOUR SECRET BRAINPOWER

    ReplyDelete